WHY CAPE CADOGAN?
- Situated in the heart of the ”Capetonian’s” Cape Town, away from tourist congestion.
- Wide variety of boutiques, restaurants and bars in the neighbourhood.
- Close proximity to Table Mountain (10 minutes), Clifton Beach (15 minutes) and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront (10 minutes).
- A sense of history where old meets new and blends in a personal and homely manner.
- Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head backdrop.
- Easy access to and from the hotel.
- Free daily scheduled Waterfront transfers.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Part of the family owned and operated collection of MORE properties.
BEST TIME TO TRAVEL
September through March is considered spring and summer which is the ideal time for travel, especially for beach-goers. Shark cage diving is at its best in the winter months, May – September, as the visibility is best and whale watching commences in September.
Our Private Transfer service can booked with the hotel directly. Below please find a list of rates for 2016:
Cape Town International Airport and Cape Cadogan Hotel:
1 to 3pax for R735.00
4 to 6pax for R945.00
All prices are in ZAR and quoted per way, including VAT
ZONE 1 – 1 to 3pax for R80.00 & 4 to 6pax for R120.00
CBD, GARDENS, TABLE MOUNTAIN, V&A WATERFRONT & GREEN POINT
ZONE 2 – 1 to 3pax for R100.00 & 4 to 6pax for R150.00
SEA POINT, WOODSTOCK
ZONE 3 – 1 to 3pax for R120.00 & 4 to 6pax for R180.00
CAMPS BAY, CLIFTON
ZONE 4 – 1 to 3pax – R360.00 & 4 to 6pax – R540.00
KIRSTENBOSCH, CLAREMONT, NEWLANDS
ZONE 5 – 1 to 3pax for R420.00 & 4 to 6pax for R630.00
GRANDWEST CASINO, ROYAL CAPE
ZONE 6 – 1 to 3pax for R480.00 & 4 to 6pax for R720.00
CONSTANTIA, HOUT BAY, BLOUBERG
ZONE 7 – 1 to 3pax for R1056.00 & 4 to 6pax for R1584.00
Train Station/Port Transfer 2015 1 to 3pax for 450.00 & 4 to 6pax for R680.00
ROVOS RAIL, BLUE TRAIN, CRUISE LINERS
Tipping staff is entirely at your own discretion, based on the level of service you have received. Please feel free to discuss this with the duty manager.
The Cape Cadogan is easily accessible by self-drive or transfer options from Cape Town International Airport. The winelands and the picturesque towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek are about an hour’s drive away. Cape Town is frequently used as a starting point for the Garden Route, and is a base for shark cage diving and whale watching.
From Cape Town International Airport it will take about 30 minutes to get to Cape Cadogan.
MORE reservations can send you detailed information on both transfers and self-drive options.
CAPE CADOGAN AWARDS
- 2016 Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards, Top Hotels in Africa and the Middle East
- Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence, 2015
- Condé Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2014, #5 of Best Hotels in Africa
- World Travel Awards 2012, Nominee: Africa’s Leading Town House Hotel,
- World Travel Awards 2011, Nominee: Africa’s Leading Town House Hotel, Nominee: South Africa’s Leading Boutique Hotel
- World Travel Awards 2010, Nominee: Africa’s Leading Town House Hotel, Nominee: South Africa’s Leading Boutique Hotel
Rates include: Luxury accommodation, breakfast, teas/coffees, evening canapés, ports and sherry, scheduled chauffeured waterfront transfers, Wi-Fi.
Rates exclude: Laundry, mini bar, unspecified transfers, gratuities, telephone and activities not specified.
Cape Town has a Mediterranean climate, hence it is typical to expect dry warm summers and cold wet winters. The average summer temperature (December-February) is 26.5°C/80°F and
the average winter temperature (June-August) is 17°C/63°F. That said Cape Town experiences in excess of 250 days of sunshine per year.
It is said that in Cape Town it is possible to experience four seasons in one day. It is therefore always advisable to have a light wind breaker with you, especially in the autumn and spring months. The highest rainfall occurs over May, June and July.
LOCATION In the suburb of Gardens, the heart of Cape Town City, South Africa.
GPS: 33°55’.54.40” S / 18°24’.29.75” E