“Only consider this hotel if they guarantee you a quiet room” September 2014
“The other problem is that the doors are too thin and not very noise proof” November 2015
“the property is dated” February 2014
” Hotel could do with a bit of a paint and a spruce up” February 2015
The time had definitely come for us to give our “Lady Cadogan” a bit of a makeover. We pay very close attention to our client feedback (with Tripadvisor being the most popular online platform), and we knew we had to do more than simply change the scatter cushions.
We thought long and hard about the improvements we needed to make to bring Cape Cadogan back to the standard for which she had become renowned. In mid-2015 we closed her doors and got down to work. Five months later, at the end of 2015, we proudly revealed her grand makeover.
What did we do to address our guests’ concerns?
- We applied double glazing to all the windows for noise reduction
- We replaced all the doors to assist in blocking out sound
- We moved the reception area away from the guest bedrooms – also to facilitate peace and quiet
- We painted the entire hotel, inside and out, and added some really gorgeous wallpapers
- We paved and tiled, and replaced carpets too
- We re-upholstered, brought in new scatters, throws and updated a number of other soft furnishings
- We built in international plug points, including a USB connection
- We installed fibre internet cables with supporting hardware
And what are our guests saying now?
“Personable welcome, high standard of decor in public areas and rooms” April 2016
“The hotel was impeccably furnished and the location was very good” April 2016
“The decor is magazine quality” February 2016
“This hotel went the extra mile in having a “universal electrical” socket, no adapter needed.” November 2015
Thanks to the new look of Cape Cadogan and the upgrades to the facilities, we climbed 8 spots on Tripadvisor – a position we hold dear!